06 February 2008

The Degree of the Blue Vase

Ryan Kell walked into my office yesterday and put a blue vase into my hands. It was empty. It was blue.

"Huh?" I said, articulate to the end. (Insert very long pause here whilst brain not computing much at all.)

It took me a very long minute to finally figure out what was happening-- with a generous reminder about an old book I'd strongly recommended he read, The Go-Getter by Peter B. Kyne.

"Life-changing!" he echoed. "Absolutely amazing!"

I am honored. I wish I'd written such a book, but I'm equally proud to be the bearer of such a life-changing tome. "It shall be done--" Esprit de corps doesn't bubble up from the bottom. It filters down from the top.

Or as Kevin Trudeau repeatedly quoted Cavett Roberts, "Character is following through on decisions long after the excitement of the moment has passed."

Read The Go-Getter, and learn of the Degree of the Blue Vase: It shall be done.

Cheers

No comments: