27 March 2010

Is You Is Or Is You Ain't?

A long-time friend found my blog recently. He wrote specifically to chastise me on my belief in God, Mormonism, Joseph Smith, etc. I thought it was marginally funny, as he'd been a long-time hater of religious stuff. Never wanted to talk about it before.

I'm no glowing example of spirituality, but when he asked me if I'd answer a couple of questions, I said yes. Although his request was dripping with anger and confrontation, I opened the door for a few rounds. Problem was that we didn't agree on the rules of the debate.

We never even got to come out and shake hands. We never even put on the gloves. Opening statements were met, as it were, with him immediately jumping up and down, throwing feces, and screaming, "The Easter Bunny gave me a revelation," etc.

I might have reacted the same way if we'd been discussing global warming or Obamanism.

"What's the Ugliest Part of Your Body?" asked Frank Zappa.

Some say your nose.
Some say your toes.
But I think it's your mind.
I think it's your mind.

Cheers
Lee

No comments: