30 October 2007

Holy Schmokes!


Gadzooks!

One week from Tuesday (more or less 'today') three local Salem City Council seats will be filled via election with three people. I hope to be one of them.

Yeah, I know something like that is off most people's "to do" list. It's like going out of your way to hit your thumb with the hammer. I'm not a butt-kisser politician, or someone motivated to close the ozone hole by being kind to pinecones-- but I do have a thought or two that could either help the City Council noodle things out better. That or I've got enough of a stubborn streak to just drag my feet when things are just plain 'ol going the wrong way. Common sense means heel tracks left all over the floor.

Service-- including public service-- is me. I like people and I get along with most everybody. And I think the city population will like that I'm pretty frugal when it comes to money. For example, I haven't spent one cent on political flag-waving via placards, signs, banners, posts, rope, fliers, buttons, straw hats, heated socks, or wash-off tattoos either. Let them eat cake, I say, or remember the Alamo or something like that. Keep your money and buy more ice cream to raise the GNP.

Last election I got 22 votes. (Thank you mom.) Can't wait to see how I do in the polls this time around.

Cheers!
E-LectabLee yours

1 comment:

Sonia Quiroga Thomas "La Media Guru" said...

LEE
I love what you do!! i saw your profile at linkedin and youb blog, may i have your amil to add you to my contact list?

i am a latin marketing consultant see more at spanishwaves.com and the founder of women wellness and fitness retreat soniathomas.com

looking forward to talk to you

sonia