08 March 2007

Wars of the Worlds

Peace? War? Is it a decision so simple?

No endless prattle here involving reason and civics. No thumping of chest. No politics. Nothing (I hope) but sincere 'heart.'

In the wake of all the carbon offsets, with Al Gorp on the one hand loudly proclaiming the solutions to all ills (with Rush Windbag 'all-knowing-ly' and 'all-seeing-ly' describing Mr. Gore's hidden hand), I honestly try to decide which camp I belong.

I deeply desire to make sense of a senseless topic. Yes, I prefer the warmth and tranquility of peace. I also realize peace has a price. And I'm well-enough read to be able to see, in my mind's eye, the brutal reality of that cost of peace... which brings me back to the question: "How might one decide?"

In my humble opinion, understanding can only come when walking with the Prince of Peace... and even then, hand in hand, I believe both He and thee will shed many tears at the apparent folly of trying to outdo the other side. Whether contesting through war, or protesting too loudly otherwise, both sides fail when tussling to prove they are the 'righter' side.

As my once-esteemed Frank Zappa sang in Dumb All Over:

Whoever we are
Wherever we're from
We shoulda noticed by now
Our behavior is dumb
And if our chances
Expect to improve
It's gonna take a lot more
Than tryin to remove
The other race
Or the other whatever
From the face
Of the planet altogether...

We are dumb all over
Dumb all over
Yes we are
Dumb all over
Near 'n' far
Dumb all over
Black 'n' white
People, we 'is' not wrapped tight...


As I learned when dating, stop trying to "find" the right person. Work on "being" the right person.

Dumbness stops here.

Cheers!
Lee

No comments: